About Ros Durrant
Back in 2013 I knew it was time to make some changes. With a background in the Public Sector – Nursing and then Careers Guidance – I attended the Coaching Certificate course offered by the Coaching Academy. I came out of the two days so inspired and motivated I decided this was the direction to go. I caught a glimpse of a way to bring together all the diverse influences of my life to date. I went on to successfully complete the Personal Performance Coaching Diploma and have been coaching since that time.
I have coached clients on a wide range of areas including careers, health, lifestyle, work/life balance, creativity, small business set up, confidence, relationships, housing, finance, and spirituality. My specific areas of interest are:
- Transition (making positive choices at times of change)
- Careers (Morrisby Profiling and Career Matching Assessment also offered)
- Health and well-being
- Christian spirituality and discipleship
- Sustainable living and the environment
As well as working one-to-one I have worked as a Coach in a multi-disciplinary team on an innovative programme in Gloucester – ‘Engage to Change’ – an 8 week course focussing on individual positive goals around health, fitness and personal development. I worked alongside a personal trainer, a mentor, an aromatherapist and an art specialist.
More recently I have group coached on a range of workshops for Adult Community Learning at Bath College. ‘Age Positive’ involved 1:1 sessions initially, with 12 people followed by six workshops over a four week period for those looking for work over the aged 40+. In adddition, I have run workshops on ‘Catching Confidence’, ‘Keeping Positive’, and ‘Bouncing Back’ (Building Resilience).
I abide by the Coaching Academy’s Code of Ethics for professional practice and am a member of the Association for Coaching. I receive regular supervision to ensure I work to the highest standards.
- Diploma in Personal Performance Coaching
- Certificate in Personal Coaching
- Permaculture Design Certificate
- Personal Adviser Diploma (Connexions)
- NVQ Level 4 in Advice and Guidance
- Diploma in Careers Guidance/QCG (Level M)
- City and Guilds NVQ Assessor D32/33 Direct Care
- BA (Hons) Sociology (2.1)
- Registered General Nurse